A California dog owner was arrested last week after police say his dog tested positive for methamphetamine.
Authorities in Fontana say Isaiah Sais, 21, took his Chihuahua to a veterinary emergency center, where he told doctors the animal may have ingested the powerful stimulant.
“Doctors observed Jack suffering from convulsions and seizures and felt Jack’s life was in jeopardy,” police said in a statement.
However, the vets told authorities that Sais took his dog and left once he learned the dog had tested positive for meth.
Once called, animal service officers went to the address Sais gave at check-in, where they said they located the dog still suffering from the effects of the drug.
The officers also cited “other signs of general neglect,” and seized Jack from the owner.
The case was submitted to the San Bernardino County District Attorney’s Office, Animal Cruelty Task Force unit for review, and an arrest warrant for felony animal cruelty was issued for Sais, who was arrested Friday.
Jack remains at a veterinary treatment center for the time being. Once he is well enough, he will be transferred to a temporary foster home where he can continue his recovery, according to the statement.
“Currently, Jack is hypersensitive to noise, and sudden movement, but he is expected to recover in time,” the statement said.
Jack is the second California Chihuahua whose adorable if twitchy face made national news in recent months after allegedly ingesting meth.
In May, a Chihuahua in Tustin named Bubba was seized from a motel room after testing positive for the drug.